Merino Mohair V-Neck

Merino Mohair V-Neck
Merino Mohair V-Neck

If you have ever purchased hand dyed yarns, you will notice that they usually suggest using two skeins at a time and alternate skeins every two rows to create an even colour fabric. I picked up four skeins of Merino Angel when I was in Nova Scotia in June. The colours of the skeins were similar, but definitely different. This sweater uses two skeins at a time and decided to “colour block” them… Half of the front is one skein and the other half another, then when the blocks were approximately square, I switched the sides, and used the same skeins on the other half. I repeated once more before the piece was full length. The close up photo at the bottom shows the place where the colours change. It is subtle, but I like the effect and it is a much more even way of mixing odd colours.